This bread pudding will be one of the quickest desserts you’ll ever make. A definite hit in your christmas party menu.
Servings: One 4.5 X 8.5 inch bread pan.
Prep time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 50 min
Here’s what you need:
- One 4.5 X 8.5 inch bread pan
- 7 slices bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 + 1/4th cup milk
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana pealed
- 1 orange peeled, de-skinned and de-seeded
- 1/3rd cup melted butter + some more for greasing
Here’s what you do:
- Grease the bread pan with butter and keep it aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bread and sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat eggs, add in milk, cinnamon, salt and vanilla essence. Whip it until well mixed. Pour this mixture over bread and sugar and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1.5 – 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, mix in the banana and orange pieces or any other seasonal fruit of your choice.
- Pour into the greased pan.
- Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes until firm. Optional: Keep it on high broil at the end to get a crispy crust on top. Cut into squares. Serve warm or cold with a scoop of vanilla icecream on top. Simply delicious!!
Tips, Tricks, Hints, Notes
If you plan on making it last for more than a day, wrap it in a plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator.