This is an easy yet delicious recipe which can be made with any plain biscuits you have lying in your pantry
Total time: 15 min
Here’s what you need:
- 25-30 pieces of Marie Biscuit (You can even use Parle-G biscuits)
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Milk or Cream just enough to form a dough
- Sweetened or Unsweetened shredded Coconut (If using unsweetened, make sure you add some sugar to sweeten it)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Pinch of Cardamom powder (Optional)
Here’s what you do:
- Powder the Marie biscuits. Add cocoa powder, sugar and mix well.
- And milk/cream to the mixture little by little until you form a soft pliable dough (like roti).
- Keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix the coconut, cardamom powder (optional) and sugar if using unsweetened coconut. Add enough butter to it and mix well. (Butter is added to make sure the mixture stays together and does not fall apart).
- Now roll the biscuit cocoa dough flat so that it’s thickness is consistent enough to form a roll. (You can use a plastic if the dough sticks to the surface).
- Once it is rolled, spread the coconut mixture all over it and roll it into a log.
- Wrap the log/roll in a foil and put it in the refrigerator to harden (~1 hour).
- Take it out and cut it into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
Note: If you wish to avoid making rolls, you can make a little smaller than golf sized balls from the biscuit cocoa dough and then roll the ball in the coconut mixture.