Soup is one of my favorite food. It is rich in nutrients, healthy and requires less effort compared to other genres of food. It also needs minimal ingredients and can mostly be prepared with things you most likely will always find available in your pantry. Today I am going to share with you a recipe for a very rich and tasty soup made with ginger, beet and carrots – Gingered Beet Carrot Soup Recipe.
Total time: 45 min
Here’s what you need:
- 3 beets, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1.5 inch piece of ginger, peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Here’s what you do:
- In a large pot set over medium heat, sauté the onions in oil for about 2-3 minutes or till they are a little translucent.
- Add in the ginger, garlic and carrots. Let it cook for about 4-5 minutes stirring frequently. Add beet and water. Simmer the soup covered for 45 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and puree it in a blender till smooth and creamy.
- Transfer it back to the pot over low heat and add in salt and pepper according to your taste. You can add more water if you like your soup to be more thin and watery. Serve the soup hot.
This soup also has a lot of health benefits and a nutrients. Carrots are an excellent source of Vitamin A. Beet are rich in vitamins and iron and ginger helps in digestion.
Note: You can choose to use more or less ginger as well as garlic based on your taste.
If you like this recipe and if you try it please like, comment and share it using the buttons below.