Total time: 25 min
Here’s what you need:
- 1 tbsp butter (I used unsalted)
- 1 medium onion, each leaf separated and cut in workable sized pieces
- 1 small tomato
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- 1 inch stick of cinnamon
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of spinach
- Half a cup of boiled garbanzo beans
- 10 almonds soaked in hot water, de skinned and chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pepper powder to taste
Here’s what you do:
- Heat butter in a pan and when melted add in the cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf. Let it cook for a minute till it starts giving out the fragrance. Now add the onions and sauté till they turn a little brown and translucent. Now add in the garlic and let it cook for another minute. Next add the tomato cut into half. Let this cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add in the spinach and half a cup of water and let the spinach cook till it is soft and incorporated. Let the mixture cool a little and then discard the bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves and blend it into a smooth purée.
- Add the purée into the same pan and let it cook for a minute on medium low heat. Now add in the salt, sugar and pepper powder and cook for one more minute.
- At this point, add the garbanzo beans and chopped almonds. Pour into soup bowls and serve hot.